Acne is one of the most common dermatologic problems which torment not only adolescents but also adults. It is located mainly on the face, the back and the chest.
Sebum trapped in the pore gets red as microbes accumulate and inflames the area causing ugly pimples, which in turn may expand and, depending on the kind of acne, cause even scars.
Blue Light is a light source which activates the defensive white cells of the body, resulting in sedation of the inflammation. As the area gets red the body produces the so-called porphyrins. Blue light aims directly on these pigments and as a result destroys microbes and soothes the whole area.
It is a safe, non invasive treatment, free of medication and side effects and can be applied all year round, even in summer. It is so safe that it can be applied even on children.
The power of Light, goes beyond medical treatments which are administered to patients. This method is free of side effects and drawbacks of medications like adverse effects, development of resistance to antibiotics, deviation from medical prescriptions or other factors which discourage the patient or forbid him/her from following a pharmaceutical treatment.
It can be applied according to every case, but the usual proposed treatment is one therapy per week, for one month.
Other weapons against acne are:
- Assorted peelings (TCA, fruit acids, glycolic, etc. ) which can be proposed by the dermatologist in accordance with the needs of the individual and which are applied from autumn to spring
- Microdermabrasion (peeling with micro crystals) which enhances the cleansing of the area and expulsion of dead cells which clog the pores of the skin and can be applied all year round.
- Photodynamic acne treatment not including UVA or UVB radiations and aiming at the destruction of bacteria responsible for the appearance of acne.
- The use of Low Level Laser on the one hand contributes to the decrease of the inflammation and swelling by destroying P. Acne bacteria and on the other hand by applying thermal influence on the sebaceous gland aims at the long term decrease of sebum production.
- Fractional laser regulates sebaceous glands causing acne to disintegrate at the same time